With the increasing number of cases of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) being reported across the world, LISC will continue to monitor and follow recommendations on prevention and other factors from local and federal public health authorities.
Our main goal is the safety and well-being of our players, staff, referees and club members. There is currently no vaccine to prevent the Coronavirus. For this reason, we have included the best practices for illness prevention in the list below:
• Players should bring their own individual water bottles to games and trainings to eliminate potential transmission risk from sharing cups and water stations.
• Eliminate post-game handshakes to avoid unnecessary personal contact.
• Any players, parents, or supporters with any symptoms should not attend any competition or training.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Here are additional resources from the CDC and other organizations regarding the Coronavirus:
CDC – Coronavirus Overview https://www.cdc.gov/
CDC – Travel Recommendations https://www.cdc.gov/
CDC – Frequently Asked Questions https://www.cdc.gov/
CDC – Travelers Health https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/